In this one-day workshop I will demonstrate some of the methods and materials I use to create supports for painting and drawing. Learn how to:
- build your own archival painting panels.
- dibond and birch panels, with and without linen.
- cradled panels
- stretch and prime a gallery-wrapped linen canvas
- Make your own toned paper for drawing and water-based media
- Make your own toned paper for oil painting
Each student will go home with a 6"x9" dibond panel and a piece of toned drawing paper to experiment with.